Schnelle vs. Knife - Mini Interview

Recently, Mike Knife hit Bryan Schnelle with a few intimate questions, and Schnelle gave some interesting answers. Below is the result:

Knife: I love the ski mask theme in your work, have you ever wanted to rob a bank?

Schnelle: Yeah, actually. The Federal Reserve. Maybe take back some of what’s been stolen.


Knife: Did you ever play cops and robbers as a kid?

Schnelle: I don’t remember. I was a weird kid. I do remember having a Knight Rider big wheel that I used to do giant skid-out 180’s across all of our neighbor’s driveways.

Knife: I heard that you are into black metal! What bands are you currently listening to? I'm really into Dimmu Borgir and Abigail Williams.

Schnelle: Black Metal is great fuel for painting. Lately I’ve been listening to Immortal’s Sons of Northern Darkness, Dissection’s Storm of the Light’s Bane, and Darkthrone’s A Blaze in the Northern Sky.


Knife: Going along with the whole black metal thing, do you think at some point your figures could be decked out in corpse paint?

Schnelle: In due time…



Knife: Would you be down to do a collab piece with me? I could draw up some eyes, mouths noses, and you could throw down with the ski mask steez. I bet we could get rich by selling it for a million bucks!

Schnelle: A million bucks!!! Yeah, that could be fun man, we should do that. Do you ever work big?

Knife: What can we expect next from Bryan Schnelle?

Schnelle: I have a show opening this Saturday, October 17th, at Double Punch Gallery in SF, a group show with Skinner, Jesse Balmer, and Steve Seeley. After that I plan on doing some large-scale paintings, stuff I’ve been thinking about for a while and I think is ready to come out.



Knife: Thanks for the interview, Bryan.

Schnelle: Thank you, it’s been fun.

Bryan Schnelle's current show "Untitled" will be viewable for another week, and comes down October 17th, so nows your chance to take a final peek at the work. Also, head over to http://www.doublepunch.com/ to check out his upcoming show, opening October 17th.

Mike Knife is currently producing more work, some of which is still available by contacting phoneboothgallery{at}gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment